Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gametime.


Last night was the first, (and only), game of my basketball league pre-season. Not enough to shake off the rust really, but it'll do. Fortunately I've had my touch football season to help me with my conditioning. It's funny how a season can change things, last year our team was eliminated in the league finals, largely because no one showed up, literally and figuratively. Since we handled the competition to get there we knew next year we would come back on point and ready to redeem ourselves.

Well a funny thing happened on the way to the forum... everyone bailed. From team captain, to team all-stars, it just started disintegrating for no apparent reason. I was a little disappointed at first, but realized I can't stress things I have no control over. Now I'm back on board with a team I won the championships with in another division last season, (YES, I play a lot of ball), and I'm ready like spaghetti to step it up this year. I have a tendency sometimes to play my role, and never really step out like I can sometimes. I think I defer to the other guys on my squad to do the work, but before it's all said and done, I intend to contribute and make an impact this season.

Oops, guess since I put keystrokes to screen I have to live by my words. Damn those interenets!

Oh and in case you were wondering, yes those are Chris Bosh PE's, (player editions), and yes, I do play in them.

No comments: