Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Collaborations.



I remember the first time I saw this commercial, I was in complete and utter awe.

Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, Kevin Mchale, Mark Aguirre, Bernard King, and Larry Bird, rapping? Arguably poorly, but it was a nod to hip-hop back in the day, and an attempt to be cool at the same time. It also galvanized the shoe game in my mind, all of these great players wearing the same shoe, I figured it must have some something special, if they're all wearing it. Of course I bought a pair, only to find out that it was like playing ball in a pair of cement boots, but that's another story...

But here in these 30 seconds, this was one of the first times I really saw players, the best at the time, doing something together, (All-Star Game doesn't count), but going beyond the lines of the court. At the time it was like the greatest thing to me since Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder recording "Ebony and Ivory".

It's the collaboration, the spirit of working together in a joint intellectual effort, that made it dope. With that being said, we've joined forces with Canada's best sports network, The Score, and one of the best shows on the tube and the Internet Branded, (sorry Cabbie), for a little information exchange.

Check it out.

Mad shout outs to Sharpie and Schneider at Branded.

No comments: