Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March Madness for Chill Magazine.


What a great weekend for college hoops, the excitement and unpredictability is why we watch the tourney. I haven't filled a bracket out in a while and with good reason, sometimes its just too hard to call. Part of my assignment writing this story was to provide my Final Four picks as a sidebar ...at the end of January! I really wanted to go with 'Cuse instead of Villanova, but I didn't... now look at me, just as dejected as the Jayhawks and Wildcats. Two of my Final Four picks are already eliminated, but it's some great ball regardless. I also spoke with Chicago Bull and Syracuse alumni Hakim Warrick and Raptor PG and Georgia Tech grad Jarret Jack for some insight on their Final Four experiences. Peep it here and flip to pages 36 - 38.

Also, check out a great piece by one of my favourite writers Dave Zirin on NCAA and former UCLA standout Ed O'Bannon as the lead plantiff in a lawsuit to force the NCAA to pay royalties to its former players.

No comments: